The winners of ribbons for excellence at the National Exhibition are as follows:
- Contemporary Category: Irene MacWilliam - Japanese Earthquake
- Traditional and hand-quilting: Elizabeth Brennan - Interlocking Cubes
- Quilted by long-arm: A History of Irish Buildings - quilt made by Irene McCarthy, quilted by Romi Buhles
- First Time Exhibitor: Joyce McCabe - Block by Block
- Judges Choice: Sheila Cleary -
- The judges did not award a ribbon for machine quilting.
- Monica Norman Trophy for most innovative quilt:
Naomh Muire Quilters, Still Standing.
- The viewers choice went to the quilt Janes House, made by Miriam Gogarty and the Pineneedles group.