EUROPEAN QUILT ASSOCIATION (EQA) EXHIBITION AT FESTIVAL OF QUILTS 2013
SHAPE: EQUILATERAL TRIANGE
EACH COUNTRY'S QUILT WILL BE HUNG TOGETHER IN NEXT YEAR'S EQA GALLERY AT FOQ.
RULES1. Size and colour for each EQA country : Equilateral triangle ·
Purple – Norway, Spain, United Kingdom - size 35 cm each side·
Red – Austria, Denmark, Switzerland – size 30 cm each side·
Orange – Hungary, Holland, Finland – size 25 cm each side·
Blue – France, Iceland,
Sweden – Size 30 cm each side·
Yellow – Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg – size 25 cm each side.
Edges: No raw edges, no binding to be seen in front
3. Backing: Any shade of the colour chosen to your country (which will be green in Ireland's case).
4. Any technique may be used but the triangle must consist of three layers. No glass fronted or mounted exhibits will be accepted. Be warned that triangles which are delicate or stiff are difficult to transport and display safely.
5. The entire collection of "Movement" will be launched at the Festival of Quilts in 2013. Some countries may decide to display their quilts and those from neighbouring countries at their annual general meetings. In this case, these quilts will be returned later than September 2013.
6. All guild members may enter and there is no entry fee. The triangles are not for sale.
7. All triangles must have a 10 cm hanging sleeve and to be sewn on the bottom edge.
8. Name label: With permanent marker pen write name and address on the sleeve
9. The quilts are insured for a nominal sum during the exhibition including transport to and from the FOQ 2013. (Information on transport & insurance for other exhibitions is available from the guild organising the event). Should a quilt be lost or damaged, the EQA member guild is not responsible for compensating the maker.)
10. The "Movement" triangles will be picked up by the EQA Rep. (or a designated person) after the show on Sunday 11th August.
11. The entry form and photo should reach the EQA Representative by 30th April 2013
12. 12 triangles will be selected by each country by 30 June 2013 the selected triangles should be sent to the International Representative. Any quilts which do not comply with the rules, particularly in terms of size, colour or hanging sleeve, can be rejected on submission.
13. Photos of the triangles may be used for publicity purposes.
14. Every member country of the EQA MUST provide TWELVE triangles for this exhibition. If too many triangles are submitted, 12 must be selected in whatever way the guild decides. If too few quilts are submitted, the EQA rep. MUST organise the making of the missing quilts.