RDS National Crafts Competition 2014
MAIN COMPETITION DATES and INFORMATION
The RDS is delighted to announce the key dates for the 2014 RDS National Craft Awards and Exhibition. The Competition is open to any craft worker resident in Ireland or Irish craft workers based abroad and has a prize fund in excess of €26,000. An online application process will be available from early March 2014.
The outline of the main competition dates for 2014 is as follows:
● Launch of online application form: 3 March
● Deadline for online applications: 12 May
● Delivery of selected works to Simmonscourt for final judging 19 & 20 June
● Collection dates for unsuccessful final round entries 7, 8, 9 July
● Exhibition of winners and selected works at Dublin Horse Show: 6 - 10 August
● Exhibition to travel to the Hunt Museum, Limerick: Early Sept to Mid Oct (TBC)
Please take note of the following information relating to submissions:
● All entrants are required to submit their entries online at www.rds.ie/crafts. The online entry requires a completed online application form, payment online of the entry fee and upload of high resolution digital photo/s submission. Specifications for the digital image/s are detailed on the website. Completed entries must be received online before 5pm on Monday, 12 May, 2014.
● It is vital that the digital photo submissions are of high quality as the judges first round selection will be based on them. Poor image quality may lead to work not being short-listed for the second round of judging. Digital files sent by email will not be accepted.
● It is important that the scale, size of work and a full description of the piece should be given; including materials used, design source and function, as this information will be given to the judges. If the piece is not complete, JPEG images/drawings may be submitted as a ‘work in progress’ to illustrate the design.
● Online entry confirmation numbers will be sent by email to the email address provided. The entry fee is €15 and €10 for students and apprentices with written evidence of their status. An entry is defined as one piece of work or a matching set. Online application forms will be available at www.rds.ie/crafts from 3 March 2014.
The RDS National Craft Awards is an RDS Foundation initiative and is supported by the Crafts Council of Ireland.
For further information please contact:
Dara O’Leary, Arts Programme Executive, RDS, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.