05 February 2013
British Quilt and Stitch Village 2013 Quilt Exhibition
The British Quilt and Stitch Village 2013 exhibition will be taking place at Uttoxeter Racecourse, Staffordshire ST14 8Bd on the 26, 27 and 28th April 2013.
The competition is open to all UK and international quilters and embroiderers, including two-person and group entries, so some IPS members might consider entering a piece for this exhibition.
The maximum size for an entry into any of the categories is 90" square. Larger pieces may be accepted by prior arrangement.
Click here to see the Competition Entry Form and Details.
There are six quilt competition categories:
1. Bed Quilt Category. Cot, single, double or larger, up to the maximum size.
2. Innovative Quilt Category. To include non-traditional quilt designs, patterns, techniques and/or materials. At least 24" in one direction, up to the maximum size.
3. Wall Hanging Category. At least 24" in one direction, up to the maximum size.
4. Three-Dimensional Category. To include bags, soft sculpture, clothing etc., and which can be displayed on a hangar or free-standing on a table.
5. Special Theme Category: New Beginnings. At least 24" in one direction, up to the maximum size.
6. Children's Category. Open to an individual child, or group of children, up to the age of 16 at the time of entry. No minimum size, up to the maximum size.