Call for Entries
The Irish Patchwork Society invites all IPS members to submit quilts for an Irish exhibition at the OEQC Open European Quilt Championships in Maastright October 19-22 2017.
The Theme is “Illuminate” and the size is 20 x40 inches portrait orientation.
Rules of the exhibition:
1. The quilt must consist of a minimum of two layers, although any technique may be used.
2. Size: 20 x 40 inches portrait orientation
3. The quilt has a free choice of edging treatments.
4. No glass fronted, framed, mounted quilts or quilts made from kits will be allowed.
5. The work should have been completed in the last two years.
6. The quilt must have a 10 cm (4 inch) hanging sleeve, (with sufficient fullness to accommodate the hanging rod).
7. Please ensure that your quilt has a stitched fabric label on the back at the bottom edge with the following information: Name of the Quilt, Name of Quilter, Postal Address, Telephone number.
8. The quilt should not have been exhibited prior to submission to this exhibition.
9. Quilts made by more than one person at any stage of construction should identify all of those involved.
10. Quilts are not for sale during the exhibition.
11. This is a juried exhibiition. The judging panel’s decision will be final.
12. The quilts are covered by the IPS insurance once the quilt is received by the society.
13. By entering your quilt you agree to have it photographed for publicity purposes.
14. Each quilt must have its own bag labelled with both the name of the quilt, the name of the maker and your branch.
15. Quilts will be released at the end of the exhibition period and not before that time.
16. Deadline for quilts to be received is the 31st May 2017.